Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions that are not answered on this page, please contact us.
Can I try The Intelligent Option before buying a subscription?
Yes. Click here to sign up for a 30-day free trial!
What educational areas are included with the programs?
- Coronary artery disease
- Blood lipid management
- HTN and blood pressure management
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight loss
The presentation also contains inspirational and humorous quotes as well as beautiful photography.
What sources do you use for the information shown in The Intelligent Option presentation?
All presentation information is sourced from medical textbooks, peer-reviewed medical journals, and authoritative websites such as those maintained by the CDC, NIH, and FDA.
What are the differences between the Home-Based Education program versus the Gym-Based program?
- The Home-Based modules stand by themselves for patients who are unable to attend in-person lectures, while the Gym-Based program reinforces the education you've already provided.
- The Home-Based program contains a quiz that patients take at the end of each module that is automatically sent to the case manager, giving immediate and specific feedback about the patient's level of education on a particular topic.
- With the home modules, patients take a deep-dive into a specific topic or topics as assigned by their case managers. With the Gym-Based program, information about a variety of topics is streamed continuously.
- Patients access the Home-Based modules online, in the comfort of their homes; the Gym-Based program is a presentation that runs continuously on your facility's television so patients can watch while they exercise.
How do I get access to The Intelligent Option presentation?
The Intelligent Option is available on a subscription basis for $250 per year. You can begin your 30-day free trial here.
How many slides are in the presentation?
There are over 1,200 fully-referenced slides offering the most up-to-date information your patients need. The presentation runs for over four hours before looping.
How will the presentation display on my system?
The best way to see how The Intelligent Option will display is to view one of our sample presentations here.
Why is there no sound?
The Intelligent Option is designed to be nonintrusive to allow patients to interact with case managers or talk amongst themselves without distraction.
What equipment do I need to use The Intelligent Option?
The Intelligent Option requires a monitor or flat-screen television, an internet-connected computer, a cable to connect the two, a keyboard, and a mouse. Additional information can be found on our Set-Up section.
The presentation runs too slowly/quickly. Why don’t you speed it up/slow it down?
The pace of the presentation is designed to allow thoughtful consideration and integration of the information by most users.
I would like to add some custom slides for my practice. Can I do that ?
Yes! We can work with you to develop your own custom presentation; however, there is an upcharge in the annual subscription rates for this service. You can see more information here.
After running the presentation for a while, my screen turns off. How can I get it to run all day?
If you find that your screen keeps turning off after a time of no usage (other than the presentation running), it’s likely the computer has gone into “sleep” mode.
"Sleep" mode is a configuration that saves power if the keyboard or mouse is not used for a period of time. For the program to run for a full day without your computer entering sleep mode, you need to change the power options. This adjustment has to be done only once. Follow the directions below to update your power options or speak with your IT department.
For computers running Microsoft Windows:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Click “Hardware and Sound”
- Click “Power Options”
- Change when the computer sleeps
For Apple Computers:
- Go to the Apple menu
- Click “System Preferences”
- Click “Energy Saver”
- Change setting on Energy Saver
- Find the free extension called “Keep Awake”
- Click “enable” on this extension
Will the presentation display on an iPhone or an iPad?
Yes, The Intelligent Option is web-based, so it is designed to run on any internet-connected device.
You have other questions? We’re here to help.